The New American Hero
The New American Hero initiative highlights the success of high performing charter schools and rewards exceptional charter school teachers, the true heroes of the classroom who stand on the front lines every day.
The Florida Charter School Alliance is partnering with Clarion Council to offer this one-of-a-kind teacher recognition program to spotlight those teachers who are impacting students’ lives every day.
How it works:
Teachers who are identified as going above and beyond their expected level of commitment can be nominated by students, teachers, principals and parents. Winners will be chosen by a selection committee to be decided by Clarion Council.
- $1,000 awarded quarterly to the New American Hero chosen at each participating school
- $2,500 awarded at the end of the school year to one of the quarterly New American Heroes at each school
- $5,000 awarded yearly to a New American Hero selected from all participating schools
- Publicity – Heroes will be celebrated through press announcements that share their stories
What the New American Hero Initiative Will Do For Charter and Public School Education:
- Bring rising public awareness of the success of the charter school movement
- Reward high performing charter school teachers for outstanding performance
- Utilize access to the media to draw public attention to the program and to the benefits of high performing charter schools, particularly Florida Charter School Alliance schools
- Create a wellspring of public involvement in improving education and supporting the charter school movement
- Encourage parental involvement in supporting high performing charter school teachers
- Create recognition and encouragement for our high performing charter school teachers
- Attract excellent teachers to charter school careers
- Attract private and public funding to the effort
Questions about membership?
Click here to email the FCSA Membership team>